RAMS application & reservations should be submitted. Contact the
manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Waivers should be signed and emailed to email@example.com
Download videos, podcasts, and music that you’d like to have during
your stay at the station. Wifi is limited so streaming is not allowed.
iNaturalist App: help us capture observations of plants,
animals, and fungi of the Sagehen Creek basin.
Ready for Wildfire App: get wildfire safety plans and alerts
- oiletries: toothbrush, sunscreen, meds, etc.
- Soap: bring your own hand soap, dish soap, and body wash. Liquid soaps only (bar soap is v hard to clean).
- Gear: daypack, water bottle, sunhat, and head lamp.
- Clothes: that you don’t mind getting dusty or wet. Don’t forget something warm for nighttime, and a raincoat.
- Shoes: trail runners or hiking boots for hiking.
- Linens: fitted twin sheet, pillow, and sleeping bag or blanket.
- Food: you’ll have access to our industrial kitchen with refrigerator space, limited freezer space, food storage containers, pots, pans, and dishware. There are also restaurants and grocery stores in Truckee (10 mi away).
- Tools: any specialized equipment you’ll need for your stay.
- Optional stuffs: Ear plugs (if you’re a light sleeper), tent (if you’re planning to camp), camera (it’s gorgeous here!), flip flops (for showering), rubber boots or waders (if you’re working in wetlands), books, board games, etc.
- Winter: Insulated jacket, waterproof shell jacket, winter boots and snow gaiters, wool and synthetics clothing to keep you dry,
- and tire chains.
Carpooling is highly encouraged to reduce our carbon footprint and
because parking space is limited at the station.
Check the weather: to make sure you’ve packed accordingly Sagehen Weather