Station Use / Make A Reservation
Does your proposed station use involve research, education or public service?
If so, then day use (free) and overnight use (fee) of the forest and station facilities are permitted. To visit Sagehen or one of the other Central Sierra Field Research Stations, each group, project, or person must:
- Complete an online Application for your proposed Sagehen use. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to set one up.
- Then, submit a Reservation for each visit. Be sure to keep clicking “Next” until you are completely done! You will be told that you have successfully submitted a Reservation. Feel free to contact the Station Manager to discuss your plans, or if you have questions.
- Once your Reservation is approved by Station Manager, you will (usually) receive a confirmation e-mail. If not, contact the Station Manager to be sure.
- Agree to, complete, and sign a waiver form and photo release for each visitor (English and Spanish versions available). Deliver signed waivers to Station Manager prior to or upon arrival.
- Researchers should submit metadata, and provide credit to the station in publications resulting from their visit(s).
- Sit through a Sagehen orientation talk by the Station Manager.
How do things work at Sagehen?
The Station is communal living. Prior to arrival, every visitor to Sagehen Creek Field Station should be familiar with the information available on this page, unless it is clearly not pertinent to intended station use, i.e. animal use permits.
See our calendar for information about other Sagehen use, including research, education, and outreach projects. Please contact the Station Manager for answers to questions not answered here or elsewhere on this web-site.
- Sagehen Use Requirements & Pre-conditions for Researchers.
- UC Berkeley Minors Policy
- How things work at Sagehen (Visitor Information Manual): this is the content of the orientation talk visitors receive when they arrive at Sagehen. There are hard-copies in all bed spaces. You are expected to abide by these guidelines during your stay. Any conflicts or misunderstandings will be resolved according to this information.
- FAQs | About Us